So you just returned from the body shop with a brand new paint job! Your car looks like a million bucks. Now what?
Following a few tips in the first few weeks while your paint is curing will help your car stay looking newer longer.
For the first 6-8 weeks:
- Wash by hand only (no car washes) with a soft cloth, with mild soap out of direct sunlight and
- Use a slightly dampened cloth to remove excess moisture. Never use a dry cloth on fresh paint.
- No car wax or polish until the finish has completely hardened (90 days or so).
- Park in the garage or under a carport if possible to avoid ice, snow, and bird droppings.
- Use caution to prevent spilling everyday household cleaning agents or chemicals on your new paint job.
- Avoid dirt/gravel roads and pothole patch crews.
There's nothing like the shine of a brand new paint job. These few precautions during the first couple of months will allow you to drive with pride for many years to come!